--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

We are waiting on word from our agency about our referral. We were told last week that it would be any moment. With a long weekend ahead of us we had to find something to do, so we started a small project. Well, maybe not so small. Ken and Joel started Saturday tearing out all of the landscaping in the front of our home and we finished the job today along with adding some new plantings. We still have a ways to go, but we are off to a great start!

The younger kids rode bikes and rollerbladed all over while we worked. We will all sleep well tonight, which is a blessing because maybe tomorrow is the BIG day! We are so looking forward to hearing who the Lord will be bringing to our family! We know that whoever he/she is we will be very excited to get to know them and the Lord will bless all of us through this journey.

Oh, and Molly lost her first tooth!

Update: No news today (9/4), but keep praying. :)
Update: A little news (9/5), more should come tomorrow. Praying for the Lord's guidance. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have never met but I know who you are through Whitney. We also are adopting through Special Delivery...we're #4 on the list and have been waiting at 4 for 2 and 1/2 months......I FEEL your words and my heart aches for you as I know the longing in my own heart to meet the precious child God has planned since before time to place in our family! I pray your day is TODAY!! In Him,
Marianne Gross

Amy said...

Marianne, I will be praying for you as you wait. Waiting is sooo hard on some days. Sorry I missed you and Whitney at the park.

Whitney said...

We are praying at our place! Can't wait to hear about this little one God has for your family!

Stephanie said...

I am praying for you as you wait! I know how hard it is to wait. I can't wait to see the perfect child God has chosen to place in your family!
Praying for you!
Stephanie