--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bungee Jumping


No, that picture is not me, but it is how my emotions feel. I have often described adoption as an emotional roller coaster but today I feel like I am more of a bungee jumper. Yesterday I was pretty discouraged, and really had to spend some time with the Lord about the way I felt. In some ways I try to run ahead of the Lord and in other ways I plod slowly behind dragging my feet. I do find comfort in the fact that regardless of my emotions the Lord is able to be my rock and my refuge. Again the Lord is showing me His unchanging nature.
"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge." Psalm 18:2


3 comments:

La Familia Armstrong said...

I can sure identify with your Bungee Jumping analogy!

I told a friend I feel like we've been strapped in a tilt-o-whirl thrown into warp speed :)

I am also thankful that we worship the unchanging God "who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17)

Anonymous said...

Tell Daniel and Brandon that I say "hi"!

Austin

Whitney said...

It is an exciting, yet terrifying ride at times! We just get to hang on and see where God takes us!

Always praying for you all!