--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Saturday, August 25, 2007

Seasons






I have often heard people talk about "seasons in life". Right now it feels that we are in several seasons at once. They all stretch me in ways I know I can only handle while I walk with the Lord.

We are in the season of waiting when it comes to our adoption. We are waiting for a new referral after the loss of Grace. It could be any day!

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5

We are in a season of milestones. Among our children, as school starts, we have a new preschooler, a kindergarden student, a freshman in high school and a senior in high school. As a mom each of these points in life brings a few tears. Which ones create the most tender spots? One would be the kindergardener, she seemed so brave as she took her seat and our chatterbox was a little subdued. Also, our senior, for I know that this will be the last school year that I will hear all her thoughts as they need to pour out at 11pm, among many other things. We so enjoy Allison, she is truly a gift from the Lord. Our desire is that our children would grow closer to the Lord throughout this school year and see His hand in their lives.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Lastly we are in a season of busy-ness. Our two youngest girls are playing soccer and our oldest plays tennis. We are very much in divide and conquer mode. Each of the girls has a blast playing these sports but they do take up much of our time. There are many life-lessons learned from playing sports and many opportunities, both as an onlooker and a participant, to learn humility and to honor the Lord.

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:10

I am so thankful that the Lord does not change as my life does. His unchanging nature allows me to hold tight to Him as we go through each season.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

1 comment:

Whitney said...

It is a pretty impressive lists of milestones at one time!:) Thanks for your wise thoughts and faithful use of scripture!