--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, August 13, 2007

Pictures of Grace Paola



(right) My favorite picture of Grace,
taken May 2007.
Picture taken July 1, 2007
Grace is being held by Ashley - a friend we have met in this process.




Here is a poem that an adoptive mom sent to me, someone had sent it to her after the loss of their little child.

Then I remember that you [God] wait and wonder…
longing for your adopted children to be in your arms...
gazing into your eyes, hearing your love songs....
Suddenly, I know how you feel God…
that constriction of the heart that causes pain to the depths of the soul.
And I know that my pain is more godly than anything in my life has ever
been.
For once, my heart is like your heart. And this holy pain leads me to
my knees...
to thank you for the wait…
And to pray for all the babies that need to come home…
Yours and mine.

-author unknown

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Whooohooo! You started a blog! And I get to be your first comment! :) I know the Lord will use this blog to encourage other families in their faith and in the adoption process. He will grow you in your walk as well as you process all that is going on! I am so excited you have joined blogland! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I am so excited to have met you...and Whitney! I will have to add links to your blog from my blog...as soon as I figure out how to do that!

Jennifer

Angel said...

Oh she is so adorable. I am so glad you joined the blog world. I am adding your link to my Eagle's Nest Families right away. :0) Angel