--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Friday, August 17, 2007

W-A-I-T-I-N-G

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'" -Isaiah 55:8-9



On my own I am not a patient person. So today, the last day of the "possibly two weeks until we receive a new referral", has been somewhat emotional because we are still waiting. I think that the hardest part of adoption, whether it is domestic or international, is the waiting.

You wait to get the home study, you wait for the dossier paperwork, you wait for the referral, you wait as you go through each step of the process. It feels like you are always waiting and in my limited thinking I have been side-tracked into thinking that I have been waiting on a child.

I was looking through a devotional** we have and I came across some good reminders, I have listed a few of them below:

*You aren't waiting on man, you are waiting on God.

*God is not bound by geography, timelines, politics or finances.

*God hasn't asked you to walk this path alone. Not only will He remain with you each step of the way, He has prepared many warriors to go into battle with you.

*God's gifts to us are never late; they are always on time and far beyond what we could ever imagine.

When expecting our first child I would lament that the baby sure was taking a long time and my mom would say, "Babies are never late, they come at just the right time." Adoption is like that as well. We have waited for adoptions to occur before, and they are not always speedy, but the Lord has blessed us greatly not only in the end but in the process.

Ken handles waiting much better than I. Please pray for me that I would wait upon the Lord and that I would not waste this time of waiting but use it to draw closer to the Lord.

**Hope for the Journey:an adoption companion; created by Shaohannah's Hope


2 comments:

Gail said...

I am learning about waiting now and do understand. I have received my referral and everything is in Guate. Now I wait.
I pray that you get your referral soon.
Gail

Whitney said...

Praying, praying for you all! I would LOVE for you to get the call soon!!! It will be an amazing story to see God unfold!!