--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Thursday, September 6, 2007

False Start

It was a little discouraging to get this news today. We were to have received an official referral today, but instead were told that the birth family had changed their minds and were picking the child up from the children's home today. It has been our prayer since we heard of this child that the birth family would have a peace about their decision, they did not.

I asked Ken today what he thought we were supposed to be learning from this process and he simply replied, "patience". So we are continuing to pray for the Lord's perfect timing in this adoption. We also pray that we will glorify the Lord throughout this journey. He is walking us through this time and He is worthy to be praised!

(I think I received today another small glimpse into how the Lord feels when He draws one of His children to Himself and they turn away.)

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5
(9/7) As I have had a chance today to mull these events over I am again reminded that I have to simply trust the Lord, that is what He is teaching me. He is reminding me that He is trustworthy!

8 comments:

Whitney said...

Of anyone, I would not pick Ken and Amy for needing to learn patience(you handle your 6 kids with grace and peace that is of the Lord). He is teaching the rest of us about patience through your godly example. What a testimony of God's sovereign hand you will have to tell to the child that you bring into your family! Praying as always for you all!

Anonymous said...

Amy- My heart sank when I read your blog today. Keeping you in my prayers.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Amy. With 143 million orphans in the world today desperately needing a family...it is hard to believe you must wait and wait. Yet I know that the Lord has a plan for one of those children to be loved by you. I can't wait for you to meet that child and I can't wait for you to have that assuring and even hindsight peace as you look back at how PERFECT,FAITHFUL and AMAZING our Covenant God's plan is when you hold that child's hand!! Praying for you!

Mom&Dad to A & J said...

So sorry to hear this. I am excited to hear your good news when that time does come. Praying for you.
Erin

Teresa said...

My heart breaks and tears are in my eyes. I can see you in my mind in Guatemala holding all those babies and I can't wait to see YOUR baby in your arms. God is blessing this process and will continue to bless it. One day you will be able to look back and see His grace through it all! I love that we have a God who chooses daily to richly bless us!

Stephanie said...

Amy, I am so sorry you are having to go through this in your process of adoption. But as I know from exerience, God has a purpose. We may not always know, but God does and his plan is perfect and so is his love for us. Keep the faith. I know patience is hard, extremely hard. I do not know if we ever really learn what it is. But stay focused and do not loose heart. I am praying for you and your family. We all know God has that perfect little child for you and your family.
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Ken and Amy-
Your faithfulness to the Lord, patience, and trust in God's ways throughout your adoption process is such an example to me. My heart breaks as I read your blog update today. But what assurance we can take in knowing that God's ways and plans are perfect (even though we don't humanly understand it). Your family is on my heart and in my prayers.

La Familia Armstrong said...

We will continue to pray for you!!!

Love, Julie