--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Thursday, September 13, 2007

Matthew 18:5


"And whoever welcomes a child like this in my name welcomes me." Matthew 18:5


I was running an errand for a friend this afternoon when my cell phone rang. It was our oldest son, Joel, telling me that when I got home I needed to call the agency back because we had a referral! He was a little excited. [Joel asked me yesterday after school if they had called yet-did he think I wouldn't tell him? :)] Well since I was driving away from home I called from the car. Amazingly I held it together as I heard the news while driving down the interstate-I wouldn't recommend this. I then had to call Ken who is out of town until tomorrow to tell him the news.

We are at the beginning of a long journey, but we know that we can trust the Lord to guide us as we go and we are ever so grateful for that. Please pray that we would wait patiently as we go through the process of bringing our son home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is full of joy and my eyes are full of tears for you and your family. Keeping you in my prayers. Praise God! Can't wait to hear more about your son.

Whitney said...

Yeah! What a great surprise! We are praying that God will bring him to be with you all in a miraculously short time!

Stephanie said...

Oh, I am so excited for you!!! I will definitely be praying for you during this continued journey God has you and your family on.
Stephanie

La Familia Armstrong said...

Congratulations!!! I am excited to hear your referral came!!! Looking forward to hearing more details :)

Anonymous said...

HALLELUJAH!! The Lord be praised as the Father in Heaven has chosen you and your family to defend, advocate and MOST importantly LOVE this special little boy! To know the length, heigth,and depths the Lord God Almighty has gone for each one of us and the privilege you have to endure this process for this chosen child!