--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Sunday, September 30, 2007

Priorities


Sundays are busy days in our home, actually that is probably every day. I recently have heard myself say "it's crazy" in reference to our schedule a few too many times. My goal this week is to lessen the "craziness" and focus more on the Lord.

There are some things in our schedule I can't change. I can make sure, however, that my priorities are in the right order. I am the best mom I can be when I start my day in the Word and in prayer. For that matter, I'm the best I can be at just about everything I do when I am disciplined in my Christian walk. The longer I know the Lord the more I see how far I have to go in my Christian life and I want to run my race to the finish and do it well.

We serve a God who is Holy and blameless (He has a myriad of other attributes, as well). He is worthy of us giving our best to Him daily!

In Franklin Graham's book, The Name he said, "We contemplate what He gave on the cross--His life. But you see, Jesus gave His life every day in His Father's Name. Should we do any less?"

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take
up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23

3 comments:

David and Marianne said...

Ah...thanks for the inspiration. Less crazy and more God time, right on sister : )

Anonymous said...

I always love reading your posts...very inspiring.

Whitney said...

Thanks for the encouragement! God bless you guys!