--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Steve Green moment....


I drove to Springfield today to have our new POA authenticated. On the way home Brandon and Molly were asleep in their seats and I was enjoying some music. This song came on the radio:

The Plan (sung by Steve Green)

(chorus)
I don’t need to have the plan in hand,
I don’t need to have the end in sight,
All I need to do is follow you,
wherever you lead and do what you ask me to. (repeat)

Trusting you, Lord, with all my heart,
following you all my days;
whether I can or can’t understand,
I’ll acknowledge you in all my ways. (chorus)

Though I am pressed on every side I am not in despair.
My faith in you will carry me through though
I may not see where You’re leading me. (chorus)


I had just mailed off this very important piece of paper and it hit me that this child was truly in the Lord's hands. Nathan Rodolfo's plan is truly of the Lord's making. We are willing to follow the Lord in this area and we have certainly put our hearts in the Lord's hands and into this adoption. I seek to daily trust Him for Nathan's safekeeping and homecoming.

As a sidenote: I would highly recommend a Steve Green concert. We have been to two in the past and have enjoyed the music and the worship.

(I couldn't resist the picture, he is such a cutie!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing! So happy for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts from God! The words to that song truly ministered to me today. We received very disheartening news today about our adoption. In 3 months we have moved from #2 to probably very soon being #7, which I was told today most likely means we will not be receiving a referral before NOV. And I know you understand what that means. So thank you for your sensitive heart to His Spirit and for being used to encourage this downcast mommy. We pray Nathan will come home soon!
Your sister in Christ,
Marianne

Teresa said...

Amy, what an encouragement that song was to me! How applicable to many areas of life. Why do I always want my way right now instead of God's perfect plan at the perfect time! I don't need to worry about tomorrow, I just need to focus on following and worshiping HIM! You are such an amazing example to me!

Whitney said...

Great song with a great reminder. Thanks for your email, "God is in control, God is in control..." (I am just practicing ;) )!