--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, April 27, 2009

A Quote

My dear husband has posted this little ditty in our kitchen, where we spend a ton of time. It is a good reminder and I thought that I would share it with you.

"Dusty Bibles lead to dirty lives. In fact, you are either in the Word and the Word is conforming you to the image of Jesus Christ, or you are in the world and the world is squeezing you into its mold." - Howard Hendricks
.
Years ago one of our pastor's wives was sharing at a gathering. She spoke about how we (the church) often measure how we are faring by comparing how we are doing at keeping our distance from the world. She pointed out that what we need to look at is how we are doing as far as how close we are to the Lord. You see that while we do okay at keeping our distance from the world; the world is constantly moving away from the Lord. And guess what that means for us....yep, we are moving away from the Lord at the same pace as the world if we are not very careful.

I have often thought of her analogy, it is a challenge to me to make sure that what I use to measure how well I'm doing is Scripture and not what others are doing. I fall short many times, most of the time. I am praying that the Lord gives me a continual, growing desire to grow closer to Him.