--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, March 23, 2009

Nooooooooooo!


What is that saying? March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb? I thought that was in reference to the weather! Not at our house right now. We started out the month with one case of strep throat, then a sibling came down with pneumonia, then a second case of strep throat (someone totally different). Then I got some bug that knocked me off my feet for about 4 days. That's enough! Just about that time we hit a really nice patch of warm weather and I opened up the house and scrubbed down the walls. Phew! Glad that is over!


NOT! Then my dear hubby got a respiratory thing, and Nathan got a good case of the croup - that didn't go away with all the normal remedies so to the pediatrician a-g-a-i-n (groan) to find out that he also had an ear infection. And to top things off one of the other kids got pink eye.


Why tell you all this? No idea, other than it feels good to get it out. :) Anyone want to come visit? Just kidding. I think I am hanging a quarantine sign on our door. I think that we are all on the mend and things are starting to look up, though I'm not going to be sure until we make it a week or more without some other bug.


In the mean time I am going to be cleaning like crazy! And I will continue to remind myself that these are "light and momentary troubles".

4 comments:

Therese said...

I'm going to leave a quick comment and get out of your blog before I catch something!

Hang in there!

Therese

Sara said...

Praying for health at your house!

Unknown said...

I know the problem. Too much cleaning! I'm counting on the fact that a dirty house helps strengthen your kids immune system! Stop cleaning and eat some bom boms!

David and Marianne said...

So sorry! Hope your house is restored to a healthy state very soon!