--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, March 31, 2008

Was that the phone?...No guess not...


I was doing laundry this morning and thought I heard the phone ring-nope. The unfortunate thing is that, especially after school, our phone rings quite a bit. I am finding that I almost prefer someone else to answer it. Guess I am getting a little nervous about "the call".

Praying that we hear something soon. If it's a Kick-out at least we would know and it could be fixed and re-submitted.

So...what is one to do while they wait for the phone to ring? There are the obvious things like: laundry, cleaning, ironing, and meal planning. We have also painted both our girls' bedrooms- one a great shade of Guacamole (that's the color's name - really), and one white with large pink and green polka dots! How's that for variety! Then we had to switch all the stuff in the rooms, phew! Where do they get all that stuff!?

Next we tackle the "storage room" - dum, dum, de, dum. This one I sort of dread. I have gone through the saved kid's clothes and feel like I got pretty ruthless in my sorting. My sister has three girls and she was here this weekend so I sent her home with two boxes of girl's clothing. Yeah! We need to empty this room as it will become Daniel's bedroom. So instead of listening for the phone I had better get busy- BECAUSE- one day the phone will ring.

I am working on this this week:

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you, Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal." Isaiah 26:3-4

2 comments:

Whitney said...

:)
Praying so!

Whitney said...

Just read that verse last night!