--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Thursday, March 27, 2008

28 days and counting....praying....waiting...


I snitched this picture off of another's blog - Nathan is sitting in the background on Carmen's lap [Carmen is his mama at the Children's Home]. Please pray for Carmen she has recently come to know Jesus as her Savior.

The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made. Psalm 145:9

No news may be good news, but you never know in this wait. We were re-submitted on Feb.28 to PGN and we continue to wait. Pretty much everything in Guatemala shuts down over the Holy Week, plus our attorney was on vacation. So we won't get an update this week, though if they hear anything in the mean time they will let us know!

Today we took a Family Fun Day. Ken took the day off, the kids are on spring break this week. We went up and looked around the campus of the college our oldest has chosen and investigated the town. It was fun, though overcast and raining after a bit. It was fun to get away from home for a little while and just be a family.



Joel, Brandon, and Daniel waiting to get there.


Allison passing the time reading, or is she hiding from the camera?


Here are the girls on the way home, they have been in the car long enough!
(Note: they aren't intentionally segregated, it's just how they ended up today.) A good day shared all together.

5 comments:

Deidre said...

What a fun day! I am praying that you get good news real soon, I know that it is hard to be patient, even more so after you have held him in your arms! Praying for you!

Whitney said...

Praying for your OUT call and stalking, too!

David and Marianne said...

Praying you get that long-awaited call SOON!! I'm sure when you chose to adopt again, you never expected the journey the Lord would take you on or how long it would be... I admire the strength and endurance you have shown. I pray you will soon have these waiting days only as a memory : )

ps. thanks for the compliment on my blog...made my day!

jeffpope.com said...

I knew I recognized that little guy from somewhere. Glad you found the picture. The Kennedys took the picture on their mission trip in Feb. and snagged some pictures of Mateo & Kaia and as you found out others.

cool...rock on...pray on!!!

Anonymous said...

Today after church Emma explained to me that Molly would be going to Guatamala soon and getting her new baby brother Nathan. She was quite excited for this! I thought maybe this was your OUT news, so I thought I'd check your blog. Molly must have shared it in class. We'll pray it will be soon! It's neat to see the excitement even in the kids. :)