--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Wednesday, March 12, 2008

PGN


PGN stands for Procuraduria General de la Nacion (Office of the Attorney General of Guatemala). HOWEVER, I am choosing to cling to a new definition of PGN.

P - Patience

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

G - Goodness of God

The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made. Psalm 145:9

N - Not Shaken

I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8


Now, please understand I am not saying that I have mastered this new way of thinking of PGN, but I'm trying. With each step of our adoption I think, okay I'll relax a little bit now (we have DNA, DNA is a match, we have our Pre-approval, we're in PGN,etc.). However, with each step we are one step closer to bringing Nathan home and that makes my emotions go haywire some moments. So I am going to try to keep this in perspective: while it looks like we are waiting on PGN, we are really waiting on the Lord, and to Him I desire to cling. (Even when I check my email, fellow adopter's blogs, and what is happening on the forums more often than any normal person should during the day.)

4 comments:

Sara said...

oh how right you are. I love the new definition of PGN. Praying for God's intervention in all our cases.

Jen said...

What a wonderful post and the verses in relation to PGN are terrific. Praying our babies home.

jeffpope.com said...

i like it. nice, simple perspective and very GOD!!
thanks for being positive and faithful, it helps me stay in that place too.

Therese said...

Just what I needed to hear, just when I needed to hear it!

Thank you for helping me be patient even as you work towards the same goal. (And both of us check e-mails, fellow bloggers, forums more than any normal person!)

Therese