--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Sunday, January 6, 2008



"By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." Hebrews 11:3


This verse has been stuck in my head most of the week. While this scripture is not about adoption it does show the power of the God we love and serve.

Currently there is a temporary bump in the road in Guatemala. There are rumors that there will be news out Monday (tomorrow), and hopefully that is the case. But I choose to rest today on the fact that our Lord was able to form the universe out of nothing visible and simply by His command. That is truly a Mighty God!

I know that He cares about the children of Guatemala. He cares about Nathan - Psalm 139:16 tells me that his days were ordained for him before one of them came to be.

So I am trying to keep my focus on what I do know: The Lord is Mighty! The Lord cares about His children. The Lord has ordained Nathan's days. There is a peace in that knowledge. This is a continual process for me, and it is growing my faith deeper for which I am truly thankful.

We are continuing to wait for our Pre-approval from the Embassy, praying it comes soon.

4 comments:

Janie Rider said...

Amy
I have a few recent photos of Nathan that were taken by a family that just recently got back from EN. Email me you address so I can send them to you. We took a peak at them and he is so cute.
With Love,
Janie Rider

Janie Rider said...

Amy,
Oops my email is bulah@route24.net
Janie

Sarah said...

Thank you for your encouraging faith. We've been in process with adopting from the same children's home, so I've been 'lurking' on your blog. Just had to comment and tell you that I was very encouraged by your post today. Thank you.
Sarah

Sara said...

I have also enjoyed your blog and wanted to introduce myself as our babies are crib mates. I just created my blog

http://blessedbychrist.blogspot.com

Sara