--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I thought the plan was....


If my memory serves me correctly...We had thought for our 20th or 25th anniversary we would go to Alaska. Neither Ken or I have ever been there and we would really like to see it. Fast forward 20 years to February of 2008 and we seem to be heading the opposite direction. A few days before our 20th anniversary we are heading to Guatemala to meet our son - wow!

We have gone back and forth about taking a visit trip. Really praying that the Lord would bring Nathan home so quickly we wouldn't have time to take a trip. Last week Ken decided that we were definitely going! He said it is a combined visit trip and 20th anniversary celebration. Now while I do see some humor in this: we are celebrating 20 years of marriage and are waiting to bring home a little one, I don't feel that we are crazy. Maybe that is the craziest part of the entire thing, each day I am more certain that we are on the path the Lord has placed before us. It will be a short trip but one we are both looking forward to. (Perhaps the most fun of looking forward to this trip is to hear my usually very laid back husband talk excitedly about it.) :)

As an update we continue to wait for our pre-approval (PA) from the US Embassy in Guatemala. After that arrives we can be re-submitted to the final court (PGN) when they resume taking cases. Things are moving ahead slowly in Guatemala but there is positive news about the new Central Authority. You could pray for us that we would be patient for the Lord's timing in bringing Nathan home. We are trusting that the Lord is in the details.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you!! You will be able to finally love on your sweet Nathan!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Whitney said...

I am thrilled you all get to meet him soon! I am sure Alaska is beautiful, but the view from EN is not too shabby. :)

Praying for PA to come and CA to be ready for you!

(Why bother with Spanish, we already have a new language with the adoption lingo?!:) )

Deidre said...

How exciting! I am so glad that you are getting to go to EN and see your precious son. Alaska will wait! :) Can't wait to hear the details!

Sara said...

That will be a great anniversary present...I am sure you will love it!

Amy said...

Have a wonderful trip and tell Claire and Larry that I love them! You have a beautiful family and your son is just precious. I remember him from when I was there in November! :0) Amy

Shelly said...

Amy,

I have been reading your blog for awhile. Our son, Drew came home from Eagle's Nest in June '07. Every time I pull up your page, I think I am staring at pictures of our son when he was younger! Our boys look a lot alike. We currently live near Nashville, but we are from Central Illinois.

Shelly
shellyvits@hotmail.com

hannah said...

I am so happy for you. You will enjoy staying at EN and you will get to see your sweet little one in person.

Janie Rider said...

Amy,
Have a blast at the Nest. Meeting Nathan will be an incredible gift. Thank you for your love and passion for the fatherless of Guatemala. May God Richly Bless You and Your Family.
With Love,
Janie