--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Friday, November 2, 2007

Patience


We are waiting for an update on Nathan's case and praying that when it comes it shows some progress toward Nathan's adoption. Today a blogging friend went to the children's home on a missions trip and took a care package down for us-Thank you Angel! Rock Nathan gently for us.

I have now been to Houston with my mom to meet with the doctor at MD Anderson Cancer Center. We are waiting to hear from the doctor on Tuesday as to what they determine to be her treatment plan.

My hope is that I can be the support that my mom needs now as she has been such a support to me. She has been a great sounding board, listener, cheerleader, friend.... I wish my dad could be here to walk her through this valley, mom did such a wonderful job of caring for dad when he was ill.

Sometimes I am not sure I have the courage to walk my mom through this, though I know that when I am weak the Lord's strength will hold me up,(actually the only time I am strong is because of the Lord). My mom's faith will sustain her on days when she feels weak. I pray that the Lord would be her refuge, strength and comfort as we go through this uncertain time.


"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." Psalm 46:1-3

As I write this I realize that we are patiently waiting in two very important areas for two very different things. For Nathan: we wait patiently to bring him home and in this wait we hope the news comes soon. For my mom: we are patiently waiting for news, hoping that bad news never comes. The best news is that both of these waits are in the Lord's hands and we can trust Him totally with Nathan and Mom.

1 comment:

David and Marianne said...

I have already said a prayer for you Amy. Praying HE brings you peace and assurance in abundant quantities!