--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I Will Put My Trust in Him


I am in Hebrews for my devotions right now. I like to really mull it over in my mind, so I go s-l-o-w. This morning I was reading in Hebrews 2,(told you I go slow), and as I read verse 13 stuck in my mind. Because of all that we are told before this verse in Hebrews we are able to "put our trust in Him".

I often talk about trusting the Lord for this adoption. And I do seek to do that daily, sometime moment-by-moment, but I often have thoughts in my head of a back-up plan. But if I have a back-plan, am I really trusting the Lord to bring us through this? That is something I am also mulling over.

By nature I am a problem-solver, as a woman and a mom these are probably things that help me in my daily life but it also makes me more prone to rely on myself rather than on God or others who offer help.

God is showing me through this adoption that I still have a ways to go to really trust in Him, and it is my heart's desire to trust Him fully.

When I got around to checking my email this morning there was a note from our agency. Seems there was an error on the hospital paperwork which caused a discrepancy with Nathan's birth certificate. It is supposed to be fixed and back to the attorney tomorrow. So here I go...."I will put my trust in him".

Secondly, an email led me to guatadopt.com which is giving news of Guatemala's intention to delay the implementation of the Hague until April 1, 2008. This is good news! So here I go..."I will put my trust in him."

This is our third adoption, the first one internationally-some things are universal with adoptions. While it seems that people are in control of the circumstances it truly is the Lord who has full control. So here I go..."I will put my trust in him."

And again, "I will put my trust in him." Hebrews 2:13


We consider precious Nathan our son, though not legally at this point, he is imprinted in our hearts. We are continuing to pray him home.

See update on "I Am Thankful for..." post.

4 comments:

Deidre said...

Amy, Thank you so much for your kind words on our website!

Thank you also for this post. I too have to tell myself daily, (if not hourly) that God is the One in control of bringing our babies home. Just when I think that I have given the process over to Him I realize that I still have a very tight grip on wanting to be in control. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Deidre

The Wilkens Family said...

Thanks for this post...I must remind myself of this very same thing constantly. Praying you receive some good news soon and the issue w/ Nathans BC is taken care of quickly.

Whitney said...

Ohh, Amy...I hope that they really do stay on top of getting that taken care of! It is reassuring to know that work is still happening in Guat. Thanks for your encouraging words of scripture...God has a perfect plan for Nathan.

David and Marianne said...

I praise God for your determination to "put your trust in Him"! In the book of Jude, the Word encourages us to contend(fight, struggle) for our faith....you are doing just that sister!! Keep it up and know you are being prayed for : )
love,
Marianne