--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, November 12, 2007

I am Thankful For....


**A gracious heavenly Father who adopted me into His family, "while I was yet a sinner".

**A wonderful husband who lives out his faith every day, and whose heart embraces not only our family but beyond.

**For our children, both those with us, those in heaven, and those yet to come. Children are truly a blessing from the Lord.

**God's provision for a home.

**God's provision for our adoption of Nathan.

**For that matter, God's provision daily for ALL of our needs.

**For our dog, who some days is just an animal and other days a trusted friend.

**For wonderful friends that share my burdens and whose burdens I help to hold.

**For opportunities to see the Lord's hand at work in my life and those of my children.

**I am thankful for a church that is committed to sharing the truth of scripture.

**I am thankful for my mom, dad, and siblings. And for Ken's family who have added so much to our lives.

I could go on, but I will stop there. Sometimes as we wait to bring Nathan home I lose sight of all that I have today to be thankful for. I don't want to miss the present waiting for the future. God has set the time that Nathan will come home, I choose today to trust the Lord for His timing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Update: We heard today that Nathan's paperwork has been corrected and received by the attorney. This is an answer to prayer and good news, too. :)

3 comments:

David and Marianne said...

Thank you Amy for reminding us all of how much we have to be thankful for....most of all a Saviour! I pray little Nathan is kept in perfect care for that perfect time when the Lord brings him home according to HIS perfect plan!

hannah said...

hi amy I thank you for your prayers his name is William Jose. Did you enjoy your stay there?

Whitney said...

God is so generous with us when we allow Him to be! Can't wait to see how Nathan has grown!