--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Friday, June 6, 2008

Sigh




Last night we were with a group of people sharing with each other some of the struggles and triumphs of adoption. Each child is so uniquely created by God and brought to each family in a way only the Lord can orchestrate.

As I have reflected on the conversation I, as usual, feel the need to put an * after all that I shared, because I don't feel that I am always the best communicator and I so want to share what the Lord has taught us in a way that honors Him.

As we pack our bags to pick up Nathan I am again struck by the great love the Father has for us. He has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams and humbled us to choose us to be the parents of our children. To think that the Lord would allow us these blessings!

I am so thankful that "when I am weak, He is strong" because some days are not as easy as others. I am so thankful that He has given me the chance to "do over" the times I mess up. As we start this final chapter (yes, we again think we are complete) I pray that we would honor the Lord as we raise our family, as we hope to encourage others as they raise their families, as we come alongside the fatherless and strive to point them to their Heavenly Father.

Growing up there was a cartoon-Quick Draw McGraw, it was older when I watched it (it had to be). Snuffles the dog loved his dog treats and when given a treat he would jump up and down and then go very high in the air and float down with a contented sigh. I feel a little like Snuffles today.

My heart is so very full today.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my
heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will
give thanks to Him in song. Psalm 28:7

3 comments:

mjdav said...

What a great reflection to all of us parents and grandparents! Have a wonderful trip, I will be praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said, Amy. We are praying for you as you travel to Guatamala this weekend. We can't wait to see Nathan! :)

The Peppers

Unknown said...

So funny. That is the only cartoon I remember from my childhood. I can still see him leaping in the air and then floating down. Aaahhh! I know you are already holding Nathan. I am rejoicing with you and Ken. Monica