--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, May 5, 2008

We Gladly Share Our Name



Not sure exactly when it happened but Nathan now has our last name! It's beginning to sink in that he is actually coming home. We are praising the Lord for His provision for Nathan.

We continue to pray for all the children in Guatemala, especially those we have had the priviledge of meeting at the Children's Home. They are precious to the Lord and we know He hears our prayers.

"For this child I have prayed and God has granted me what I asked of Him." I Samuel 1:27

10 comments:

Sara said...

How exciting!! Sure makes it real now.

Becky said...

Wahoo! Rejoicing with you! Praise God for this wonderful news!

mjdav said...

Praise the Lord...the day is coming soon!

Leslie said...

YEAH! What exciting news! One step closer to Nathan coming home. Praying for your family.

Ashley Weaver said...

Hey Amy -
Such great news for your growing family. I'm heading back to Eagle's Nest on June 19 for 3 weeks - I'm so excited! I hope Nathan is home before that...but if not I'll be sure to give him lots of loving! Also - I'd love to get in touch with any blogging - or non-blogging - adopting families to make connections before I go to make my trip have a little more purpose - just like last summer. If you have any connections - send them my way! My cousin and another Peoria girl are coming with me so we'll be able to spread the attention around. Hope all is well! Ashley

Deidre said...

Amy! I am so excited for you guys, You will be on the plane to Guatelama before you know it!!!

Unknown said...

Nathan Park sounds perfect to my ears. I'm even more encouraged that our Lord knew his name before he was born. Downloaded Nate Huss's CD today. One of the songs is "You
Still Know My Name" How is it that our awesome God knows us, provides for us, and loves us so perfectly. I can't fathom it!

Charisa said...

So thrilling! And to think that God has given us His name (Christian) as well! We'll be praying that Nathan get that name change early in life as well. :)

David and Marianne said...

Oh Amy this is just wonderful!! I'm so puzzled how this is all happening when all you read in the news is how all the cases are being put on hold for a month....and yet somehow Nathan's case is moving right along : ) Although, that "somehow" isn't much of a mystery to those who believe!!

Whitney said...

I just got done reading the discouraging news coming out of Guat, headed over here to see if you were affected. I was elated to read that you file is not only picked up from PGN, but the BC is done too!! His timing is perfect!