--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, May 19, 2008

How did this happen?

How did we get ....





from here....





to here?!

Allison graduated from high school this past weekend. We are excited for her, nervous for us, and proud to claim her as our daughter. She is off to college in the fall and that will be an adjustment for everyone.

I was sharing with a friend recently that I have this urge to tell her everything I think I may have forgotten, or she may have forgotten. This often is the conversation in the car on our way to who knows where. I am afraid she will not want to go places with me for fear she will have to be reminded of another life lesson! :) (So far she is willing, especially if there is shopping involved.)

I truly have wondered how she got to be who she is and I know the answer to that is the Lord's presence in her life and the wonderful godly people that have poured their lives into hers. We are so thankful for the special people that have come alongside Allison. We pray that the Lord will continue to place godly friends in her path to encourage her along the way. Knowing the difference some people have made in Allison's life makes me want to be that person to someone else and also makes me aware of the need to pray for special people in our other children's lives.

Congratulations Allison! We love you!

No comments: