--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Patient Expectations

Recently a friend pointed me to an article in the Focus on the Family Magazine.

Psalm 37:3-4 says, "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."


Here is a brief summary of the article entitled "Patient Expectations". The author points out three thoughts for these verses.

First, choose to trust in the Lord. She reminds us that the Lord's plans are better for us than our own plans.

Secondly, dwell in the land, and do good. We are encouraged here to not let the waiting for tomorrow overshadow God's plan for today. God intends us to be used by Him where we are at this time.

Third, delight in the Lord. Our lives need to reflect Jesus, glorify God in every area of our lives. We need to let the Lord carry our burdens.

I know I need to be reminded of these things as we wait for this final leg of our journey to bring Nathan home. I find that I hit the refresh button way too much on our computer.

Our children are finishing up school this week. They are excited to be bringing home everything they have compiled, err stashed, in their desks. They are excitedly looking forward to being done with school and to having their little brother come home. As we look forward to having Nathan with us I know that I need to be careful to let the other children know that my love for them has not changed. I can show that to them while I am waiting by pulling myself away from my plans, activities, computer, and listening to what they have to tell me. Taking time to do something they enjoy doing, even if my sorting doesn't get quite done. Sit in the yard and watch them "play tennis" in the patio chair they have provided. Or just hang out and watch a movie with them.

It is hard to wait, even when we know that we can trust that the Lord is in control. Many families adopting from Guatemala are waiting right now, children in Guatemala are waiting, my wait is small in comparison to those. But it is still hard to wait.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Praying, praying for that boy to go PINK!!