--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, October 22, 2007

Nesting


Yes, I'm nesting-waaay too early. Keeping busy keeps my mind busy. It also gives me a great sense of accomplishment! While I really can't attribute this sudden burst of energy to Nathan coming home soon, it does help me be prepared if the Lord would see fit to speed his adoption through. :)

More than likely, the real source of my energy comes from the ending of Allison's tennis season (the team finished 2nd in our conference) and Natalie and Molly completing soccer-Natalie's team won the consolation round of the final tournament. It is great to be home in the evenings as a family and to feel that we have some margins in our time!

Tonight for fun at dinner we each answered the question, "How would you spend a million dollars?" Brandon went first. Brandon's reply, "I'd buy a cookie, a funnel cake,and a diet Pepsi(a boy after his mom's heart). He's four. It was fun for everyone to dream for a short time.

We do our family devotions at dinner and end with everyone praying. It encourages my heart to hear our children pray for their little brother far away. It is our prayer that Nathan would know that he is loved and prayed for, that the Lord would shine down upon him, and that he would come home soon!

[The green color seemed more appropriate for a little boy] :)

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Natalie always mentions Nathan during our prayer time in AWANAS...it always makes my heart smile :).

Whitney said...

So what have you taken on? Miss you all and are praying for you!

hello somebody said...

Hi Amy! We are adopting Astrid Ofelia from EN. I have been chatting with Whitney and she directed me to your site. I looked at your mission trip pics and Sophie is on there....7/25! Your little Nathan is a cutie!!
I would love to add you to my blog!
http://medlenfamily.blogspot.com/
smedlen642@yahoo.com

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Amy,

Wow! Nathan is AMAZING!!! I just read through your blog....what a precious family you have!! Thank you for praying for us and our journey. We are headed to Guatemala in the morning to sign the POA. Pray for everything to go smoothly. I love that the Lord has laid the Guatemalan children on your hearts....us too!! Know that I am praying for ya'll and sweet little Nathan! I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do.

Praying and hoping,
Lindsey Wheeler
www.thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com

David and Marianne said...

Praying that nesting instinct is directly from the Lord : ) I like the green!

Angel said...

Thanks for your sweet comment. :0) Angel