--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Thursday, October 11, 2007

blip!

There was a blip in our process today as we received word that part of our son's name was missing on his POA. We quickly rectified that and sent it off. I was thinking that I could obsess about this, and try to figure out the time lost in our case, or I could simply choose to trust the Lord for His hand to be upon Nathan.

This next week I am teaching 4th grade Sunday School. The lesson is Matthew 8:5-13, about the faith of the centurion. He told Jesus that He didn't need to go to his home, all He had to do was say so and his servant would be healed (and he was healed). While I do not have the 'astonishing' faith of the centurion-I do know that we worship the Lord of all creation, and that He is able to speak and things happen.

I am trusting the Lord to go before us in this process, knowing that He is in control. The Lord has brought us to a place where we need to trust in Him. He holds Nathan in His hands, and I am so thankful for that. Nathan is the Lord's child and we are asking that we be able to love and care for him. I know that the Lord hears our prayers and that He will answer as He sees fit. My job in this is to trust the Lord with all my heart (Proverbs 3:5-6), and give Him all the praise and the glory He deserves.

Our desire is to delight ourselves in the Lord throughout this adoption.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Praying for all the children of Guatemala, Amy

3 comments:

Whitney said...

My heart stopped briefly when I saw your title! I am so thankful that you were able to fix the problem quickly!

Lord, please allow all other details to fall in place to bring Nathan home in miraculous time!

David and Marianne said...

Thank you for your faithful example! What an inspiration to all of us moms going through this wait together!

Whitney said...

I am tagging you... :)