--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chicago in October

My mom has been part of a clinical trial to treat her cancer at the University of Chicago. This means that frequently we make the trek to Chicago very early in the morning. Much of the time we have been a trio as Mom, Nathan, and myself have ventured out together. Nathan has even made himself a tiny little fan club of some of the staff. Nathan has been a great traveler and a nice distraction during a not so fun trip. My sister Valerie has helped out in between working and doing an internship for her class.

In mid-October the kids had the day off school on Mom's clinic day so Ken joined us and we all made the trip at 5:30am. Ken and the kids spent the morning at the Field Museum of Natual History while mom and I were at her appointment. When we were done we joined them down by Lake Michigan and had a picnic lunch. It was a beautiful day!

Nathan mugging for the camera in front of the lake.


Daniel in all his coolness.


Molly and Dad checking out the water.


M0lly and Daniel keeping a close eye on Nathan.
(There are several very wide stairs in front of them you can't see.)


While going to Chicago has lost some of its beauty for me due to the frequency of our trips, it has been very nice to be able to spend time with my mom. My mom is a lovely lady whom I admire greatly. It has been an honor to honor my mom in this way.
"Honor your father and your mother,
so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you."
Exodus 20:12

No comments: