--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Year Ago Today!

Ken and I have reflected quite a bit recently about where we were a year ago and where we are today. We are both in awe of the Lord who has blessed us so greatly with seven wonderful children. There were times in the journey to bring Nathan home we wondered if it would truly happen. The Lord taught us so much during that time about how to trust Him and to wait for His timing, lessons that didn't always come easy. I know for me I have re-visited those lessons in the last year.

Nathan is an active toddler and learning new things every day it seems. He loves his brothers and sisters, wanting to copy anything they do - which is difficult at times as he is still little. He is such a joy!

What a year it has been - Nathan came home, Allison completed her first year of college, Joel just returned from a mission trip to South Africa, certainly not a dull life we live. A year later it still brings such emotion to think of bringing Nathan home.

"For this child I have prayed and God has granted me what I asked of Him." I Samuel 1:27

(You'll need to pause the playlist music down the right hand side, sorry about that.)



"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait on Him." Lamentations 3:22

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I was just at the Peoria airport yesterday and remembering meeting you guys when you brought Nathan home! It's a great memory for me so it must be an amazing memory for you guys! I can't believe it's been a year!

Kris said...

So fun to see the replay of the first year. Love you guys!