--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, April 28, 2008

News!


We received a phone call tonight that said our case was "Approved" on April 25.

We'll tell you more news as we get it. We are truly praying Nathan home!

Addendum: It was very late last night and our minds were spinning. This has been a long journey and it still has a little ways to go but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We know that the Lord has led us to Guatemala and we are so grateful for that. It has not been without heartache, as Grace went home to the Lord in July, but we have grown closer to the Lord.

I have been meditating lately on scripture about fear and worry, I had let these things creep in. Last Friday night I had a breakdown; trying to figure out how everything was going to work out had worn me out. Sunday and Monday the Lord allowed me to have such a peace about Nathan and this wait. I know that the Lord is good, but I also know that sometimes what I think is good for me and what He knows is good for me is not always the same. I have to trust Him and trusting in the wait is not always easy. Ken has been steadfast in this wait, trusting that all things would work out, I'm so glad that the Lord has blessed me with Ken.

We are praising the Lord today for His answer to our prayer. But I have been reminded in this wait that there is always reason to praise the Lord.

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands." Deuteronomy 7:9

13 comments:

Whitney said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

If it wasn't after midnight I would call you!

Such a precious answer to prayer! Rejoicing with you all!

Father,
We praise you for the approval in Nathan's case. You are in control of every detail of this process. I pray that you would allow his file to be picked up quickly and the rest of the steps to fall into place soon. Please prepare Nathan's heart for his earthly family and call him into your heavenly family at the earliest possible age.



AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

hannah said...

Praise the Lord. I hope we are right behind you. Great to know things are moving. Praying for you

hannah said...

praise the Lord. Praying we are right behind you. Glad to see things are moving. Praying for you as always

hello somebody said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I know that has to be a huge relief!!Can't wait to see Nathan in your arms :)

David and Marianne said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! Yea!!!! Wow, I've been checking and checking your blog...hoping for you!! Praise the Lord!! This news has made my day!! So excited for you...can't wait to read MORE!!

Sara said...

Yeee haw! I am so happy for you...I just had a feeling it was going to be soon. Oh God is sooo good:) I know you are celebrating....praise God.

Becky said...

Wow! Such great news! God is SO GOOD! Everything is working out in His timing!

Charisa said...

Yay!!!!!!!! Doing a little dance in my living room for you!!!! So exciting to see prayers being answered!

Kris said...

YEAH!!!! Praise God!

Angel said...

THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I am so happy for you. Angel

The Wilkens Family said...

yeah, yeah, yeah! wonderful news!

Therese said...

This is such great news!!! Every day he has been getting closer and closer, and now he's on the way home!

I think of your comments about being hooked on checking the internet, and I got a chuckle that when the news came, it was the phone!

Thank God for this wonderful news! I'm going to be watching and celebrating when you bring him home!

Therese

hello somebody said...

We changed our blog to
http://mommaof3littlemonkeys.blogspot.com/
Sheri mom to Sophie from EN