--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Friday, April 11, 2008

I am Obsessed


I have become obsessed with checking blogs, forums, and my email. Frankly, it is driving me a little crazy! I turn off the computer and tell myself to not go back until that evening and yet I find that I check it again at lunch. You'd think I don't have anything else to do. Haha!

I celebrate in my family room with people I will never meet, when they share good news online. I have tears for others I don't know at all. We all share a common bond, we are ready to bring our children home.

The ones that my heart really goes out to at this time are the children in Guatemala who sit and wait. No one knows when or if Guatemala will re-open for adoptions. The last I knew there were 14 children at the Children's Home without families identified. That is only a drop in the bucket, compared to the actual numbers. Please pray for the people making the decisions about adoption. Children are in need of families. (Update:Now there are 18 children without families.)

About 30 years ago I had a need-for a Savior. People prayed for me, spoke to me, and the Holy Spirit used those people to bring me to understand that I had this need that could only be met by Jesus Christ. I was adopted into the Lord's family when I came to understand that my separation from the Lord could only be mended by Jesus' death on the cross. Jesus knew what was coming and He suffered it anyway,so that I could be adopted into the Lord's family. Jesus certainly suffered to make it possible for me to be adopted. It is again another parallel between our adoption of Nathan and the Lord's adoption of me. Now that I think about it, I think I can "suffer" through this waiting, it is little compared to what Christ went through for me.

"God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ...and it gave him great pleasure...He is so rich in kindness and grace that He purchased our freedom with the blood of His Son..."
Ephesians 1:5-7

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I have been burdened for those kids more deeply, too. Hang in there with the waiting...I am praying the news of Nathan's homecoming is soon (as are so many others, even ones you will never meet)!

KevinG said...

Keep a tally and see how many hours you spend checking blogs. If it gets past a couple hours a day, I know a good counselor. :-)

Your blog is a great example of why they can a be such a blessing. Thank you for not only sharing news, good and bad, in your life. But also the good news of Jesus Christ. To God alone be the Glory!

Therese said...

Sometimes when my internet response time slows way down, I picture all of us adoptive parents checking our e-mail and running through our list of blogs all at the same time and jamming the airwaves.

And sometimes while trolling, I click on someone's blog at just the right time, and have something to meditate on to renew my strength and faith and tonight, I thank you for that.

Therese

Unknown said...

Be assured, my friend, you are not waiting alone. Just looking at those pictures, I want to hop on a plane and pick him up! I was talking to a friend today about how silly it is to pray that God will be sovereign in the details of our lives. Of course He will be sovereign, HE IS GOD! My new prayer is that I will see His hand in all the waiting/planning/praying etc. It's a privilege to wait with you!