--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, August 30, 2010

Stuff in my Head

I find that I have less time to post then I used to so I have continued to contemplate why I blog and the value of the time it takes. When I mentioned to Ken my thoughts his reply was, "it is such a great record for our kids". So.... guess I'll stay with it a little longer.


Brandon's 1st day of 2nd Grade
.

Our school year has started and that is always an adjustment of sorts. Schooling is a year to year decision in our home. This year we have a junior in college, a freshmen and senior (last semester) in high school, a 7th grader, and 2nd and 3rd grader. The younger 5 in our public school. Nathan and I manage our home together. The adjustment this year has been a little bit more of a challenge as two of the kids moved up to a new school, but not bad.


Molly's new desk in 3rd grade
.


Our children are not overly involved in activities, the problem is that the one thing they choose to do is all at the same time. Right now we have 3 playing soccer - yes 3 different teams, and one running cross country. It still is rare that we do not eat dinner together, though the time changes with the schedule. It is a light and momentary time so it is doable, it is also a lot of fun to watch how each has progressed from last year.




The college move-in crew - Allison's Junior year
.
Natalie is very excited about being a part of our junior high youth group. Joel is filling out college applications. We are trying to get Nathan interested in potty training. Time marches on.

I have been thinking through what I want to do differently this school year to help our home run more efficiently. I have a couple of goals in mind but not ready to write them down yet.


Nathan looking cute

.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, the stuff in your head is very good and encourages the readers who too are pursuing the Lord. I agree with Ken to keep the blog, it is good for the children but there friends as well. Thank you for taking the time to write when you can.