--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, August 9, 2010

No Longer a Teenager!

We have this wonderful young lady that lives in our home some of the time. There are clothes in her hamper, her bed is slept in and at times she comes with many friends in tow. She has been known to make yummy crepes, biscuits and gravy and many pans of brownies. She is a delight!


Last month Allison turned 20 and I wondered where the years have gone. We are getting deeper into that tender stage of life where her independence is becoming greater than her dependence on us. This is a bittersweet time as this is what we have brought her up to do - follow the Lord independently of us but it is with the realization that we have a different role in her life.


For fun here are 10 things I love about Allison (not in any particular order):


1. I love that she desires to "Trust God" in all things.


2. I love when she gets goofy when she is tired and starts doing weird things.


3. I love that she has a love for people of all kinds and acts on it.


4. I love that she is my daughter!


5. I love her beautiful dark hair.


6. I love that she is a great big sister, setting a very good example for her younger siblings.


7. I love that she has a servant's heart.


8. I love that she is girly.


9. I love her insights into people.


10. I love that she talks to me about important things in her life!


So, Happy Belated Birthday Allison! 20 years ago you were a precious gift to us and you continue to be a wonderful gift from the Lord today!

No comments: