--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's Almost Over

I remember when I was younger my dad would say that summer was almost over when the Fourth of July came. While now I think there is quite of bit of summer left at that point it still seems like the summer months are too short.

We have a couple of fun things left to do in a very short period of time but our summer is really almost complete.

This has been a fairly uneventful season for us and honestly that is nice. Nothing big has happened, but that also means we have not gotten our house stained as planned. (Now the plan is to do it early fall.) The garage sale I had thought about all summer almost happened this week but then I decided to just donate what we had and forget it. Did I mention that while I like to go to someone else's garage sale I dislike having one of my own very much.

We register the younger kids for school this week and next week they find out who their teacher and classmates are. Joel begins cross country practice next week. Though he has been running this summer with much of the team this is a new venture for him. Allison heads back to school in two weeks though she is displaced from her actual apartment until the pro-football team heads off campus.

There are things I look forward to as the new school year begins and things I am never quite ready for. Getting back in an actual routine is nice. But I cry the first day of school each year, it is such a sign of the kids growing up. It is fun to see the Lord's hand in putting certain kids in their path and in choosing their teachers. This year honestly I am looking forward to the one-on-one time with Nathan that comes when school starts. His siblings love him so much that often I have to 'fight' to get some time with him.

Many thoughts whir through my head at this time of year. I am so very thankful for our family, for where the Lord has placed us, and seeing God's hand in our lives.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! You have been an inspiration to me as well! :0) Amy

David and Marianne said...

I get sad too at the beginning of the school year... there are times where I feel like the kids are growing up over night without my permission : )

Janell said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I don't think I know you! Stop and say hi sometime if you're walking by! :)