--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

An Ordinary Day

Yesterday was just an ordinary day. Living in the midwest in January can be sort of challenging this time of year. We have had unusually cold temperatures lately and though there is a hint of a bit of a warm-up at the end of the week I am afraid I have a good case of Cabin Fever, so do my kids. We are plugging away.



Even my devotions are feeling a little sluggish. We are in the middle of our small group time at church. We work through daily Bible reading/questions then our pastor preaches on those scriptures the next Sunday and when we meet for our small group we discuss it. Well, we are studying Revelations and while I have done actual Bible studies on this book I still find it a puzzle. So I feel that I am sort of trudging along in my devotions as well.



Recently some dear friends have experienced a very large heartbreaking time in their family. Someone from the outside might look at this family and think they were not raising their children in the right way. But having known them for years we know that is not the case, they do a great job of leading their family in a godly way that honors the Lord. But sometimes the Lord takes us through trials, times of refinement, and ultimately through those times we learn to glorify Him more completely. In speaking to my friend yesterday I heard once again that they are leaning on the Lord for His strength for the day. My heart is heavy for them and they are in my prayers throughout the day, it sort of adds to my January duldrums though.


"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields them all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:1

So now that I have been a real bummer here are some pictures from our "cabin".

Nathan has decided that he has a nice view from the bricks in front of the fireplace.



How do you balance about 7 stuffed dogs on a doll stroller? Well, Nathan hasn't quite figured it out but he was pretty determined. However, each time one fell off he'd start fussing until he could get it to stay.


Here he is pushing it around and around the house. He was smiling most of the time, but I didn't catch it.


He made a pitstop in the entryway and was hollering into the crack of the closet door, maybe I should have checked to see if someone was in there (just kidding). He would holler at the door and then peak around the corner. After I put my finger up and said, "Shh" the next time he peaked around this is what I saw. (Sorry the picture is so dark, not sure why that happened.)

No comments: