--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary!




Today Ken and I celebrate our 21st Anniversary! I don't think we could have imagined where the Lord would take us in this great adventure. But it has been wonderful!

The Lord has truly blessed us with so very much. I know that the things that Ken and I treasure the most are the relationships that we have. Never imagining that He would fill our home with seven children, or allow us many friends to share our lives with. Then there is the blessing of our extended families which we are so grateful for.

It was during our first Boundary Waters Canoe trip that we started on this path. No running water, no walls around the toilet, no showers surely married life can be easier than that! It has not always been easy, it has had some heart break, but it continues to be a wonderful life.

When I think back to what drew me to Ken I think of his gentle spirit, his faithful walk with the Lord, and his willingness to reach out to everyone. He continues to be that man and more today. I am so very thankful for him and to the Lord for bringing us together.

Happy Anniversary, Honey!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Anniversary Ken and Amy!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to one of our favorite couples!! We rejoice with you for those 21 years and how He has crafted your family. Love to you both on this special day!
John and Karen

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad that the Lord has blessed you in many ways. Hoping that you have had a great weekend and fun family times. Love from up north