--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Gift of a Year (haha)


Today was my birthday, why am I telling you that? To show you that there is still some humor in my birthdays, though the numbers keep growing.


For most of the year I had thought that I was a certain age, let's call it "x" (because there are some things not meant to be said out loud). So all year when asked by my kids, or close personal friends, I would say that I was "x" years old. Well, about a month ago when one of our kiddoes was asking me AGAIN how old I was (they were surely in awe of how good I look for my age). I said, "I'm x years old." Someone else in the room said, "No you aren't, you are x-1. So I did a little figuring and realized that I was actually a year younger than I had been saying for many months. So .... while today was my birthday it was really no big deal because this year instead of getting another year older I actually gained a year I thought was already lost!


I'm not sure if this is a benefit of growing older and not being as sharp as I used to be, or if it is a testimony to life in the fast lane with 7 children.


All joking aside, I am so very thankful for the many blessings in this past year.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!!! :0) Amy

Amy said...

HI AMy, sorry couldn't find your email but yes my girls are from Eagles Nest. :0) They came home in 2004 and 2006. I saw your sweetie when I was there on a Missions trip last November. :0) He is a doll! Amy

Deidre said...

Happy Birthday! At least you gained a year, I realized that I was actually a year older than I thought at my birthday this year. :( Maybe I will have a birthday on down the road where I gain it back.

Jen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope that you enjoyed your day! Praying that all is well. Enjoy your week.

Anonymous said...

um you didn't know how old you were? that is kind of sad mommy dear:) and the cake looks wonderful:)

Amy said...

Natalie made the cake.

David and Marianne said...

Loved this story!! Happy Birthday!