--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Monday, November 17, 2008

Cry of the Orphan

The cry of the orphan is being heard more and more these days. But how do we help 143 million orphans? My husband tells me that we can not bring them all home. But we can be a part of letting others know of the need that is there and praying for the Lord to raise up families to reach out to these children.

This past May a friend and I attended the Adoption Summit and heard of many exicting things that were being done all over, but there is still much to do.

This week Focus on the Family and Family Life have teamed up to do a week of programming (Nov. 17-21) concerning the orphan and adoption. I have posted the link to their broadcast schedule below. The Lord has spoke out clearly and many times in regards to His heart for the orphan. Perhaps there is a way you can join in caring for these precious children.

http://www.cryoftheorphan.org/radio/





2 comments:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

This week is going to be so AMAZING!!! So glad you posted about it....there are so many kids that need a forever family!!! I want them all too.

David and Marianne said...

I am praying with you my friend as we watch God care for those that are forgotten, rejected and hopeless... how I LOVE the heart of our God!