--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Thursday, February 21, 2008

Tomorrow, Tommorrow...you're only a day away


Okay, I won't break into song for you. My younger sister, who is now the mom of 3 little girls, used to break into this song at strange moments. I'd like to tell you that she is past that but she did buy the CD for her girls.

Now back to the topic. Tomorrow is the day that we get to meet our precious little boy face-to-face for the first time. I have been emotional off and on today, which is not normal for me. I think that my heart is torn two ways, maybe three. First, I am very excited about meeting Nathan and being able to hold and care for him. Secondly, I am sad about leaving our other six children behind at home. They have told us to take many pictures and lots of video. Thirdly, I am looking forward to spending this special time with Ken.

Emotions about adoption are not new to us, we have three adopted children. But this is the first time we have done an international adoption, this long wait without the child is hard at times. We are so thankful for this trip, even though it will be short. It seems to be an okay amount of time to be away from the rest of the family and will still give us an opportunity to be with Nathan. It really is a gift to be able to visit Nathan while our adoption is still in process.

Please pray for our family as we are in two different places. And for our hearts as we will have to say good-bye, temporarily, to Nathan as we leave to come home.

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and His wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:8,9

5 comments:

Sara said...

I am so super excited for you and Ken. Have a wonderful trip and I will pray for you for safe travels and for a wonderful time, bonding with Nathan. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Anonymous said...

Amy, you will be in the prayers of this Ausfahl family! We'll be praying for your children here, as well as your hearts when you have to leave Nathan. We look forward to seeing pictures :)
Charisa

The Wilkens Family said...

I am so excited for you! Enjoy your time together and with Nathan. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you and all of the family lots today - praying for safe travels and lots of great snuggling with Nathan tonight. Also praying for your children at home and your niece watching them. :)
Have a blessed trip,
The Peppers

Therese said...

Tomorrow is today! I'm imagining your meeting for the first time and it makes me smile.

We'll keep you in our prayers for a wonderful visit with Nathan and for the rest of your family at home. You'll have wonderful stories to tell!

Therese