--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jesus Wants the Rose

When we first stepped on this crazy road that the Lord directed us to it was met with many different responses. People said the normal stuff like, "Are you sure?, What about your children?, Don't you have enough on your plate?" Others told us that foster kids were bad kids. Someone told us that these children were "damaged" children.

Not everything is about fostering or adoption. But so much of fostering and adoption leads me back to the realities of my own adoption by God. For in my damaged state the Lord brought me in with loving arms into His family forever.

As I listened to this video this morning I thought of some of those comments. I couldn't help but think - Yes! Jesus wants that rose! This clip is not about the adoption of children into my family, but about the adoption of all of us into His.

Lord, may I present your gospel as you desire it to be presented. Amen




No comments: