--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Thursday, July 8, 2010

Challenged

I know that it is truly summer here. The temperature this evening was 87 and it was humid, though there was a nice breeze as the kids enjoyed the pool. (the four kids that were home) And while it is summer I have been thinking lately about what season of life I am in. Actually, trying to figure out what season of life this is? With an about to be 20 year old down to an almost 3 year old sometimes I get confused where I fit.

The one thing that the Lord keeps bringing to my mind these days is "Who am I sharing the gospel with?" I feel that I could use the excuse that at this time in my life my family is my mission field, or my 4th grade Sunday School class, or the families that I come into contact with through the Orphan Ministry that we are involved with but what the Lord is impressing on my heart is that there are others out and about that need to hear the gospel.

I am being challenged to look outside my comfort zone and I am asking the Lord to open my eyes to those that need to hear His truth and secondly that when He opens my eyes to someone that then I respond by taking hold of the opportunity to share His truth with them.

Pray with me, won't you?

.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Amy---Sometimes, I feel like I don't know where I fit in. No kids, not dating, no real solid friendships sometimes, and yet God has placed me in this world to make an impact on others. How can I be intentional of others lives when I am single. That is my prayer today, and I will be lifting you up in prayer.