--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sledding

Last week we saw record low temperatures for a couple of days. Thursday morning the thermometer read -20 degrees. Yikes, I didn't even know that the thermometer could go that low. Saturday things were warming up, a whopping 20 degrees (that's a 40 degree increase!) so Ken took four of our kids sledding. Nathan and I stayed home and played while they had some fun outside.


Get ready, get set, Go!
Molly and Natalie having fun together.

Brandon and Daniel at the bottom of the hill.


What goes down must go back up to do it again.




3 comments:

Sara said...

Seems like our families like to do the same things! I chuckled yesterday when I thought it felt warm (20 degrees)...I guess it was compared to negative temps:)

David and Marianne said...

It has been WONDERFUL to let the kids go outside again in this balmy, warm weather we're having : ) It really is crazy that 20 degrees is 40 degrees warmer than last week!! Love seeing the pics!

Teresa said...

I got to sit with Ken and Brandon at dinner last Wednesday and Brandon told me about sledding and school and his siblings and... let's just say he had a captive audience and enjoyed it! :) It is a blessing to know your family!