--------------------Welcome!

The Lord has blessed our family greatly both through adoption and birth. And because there are so many personalities in our family there is much to think about. This blog is a way to put some of those thoughts down and share our journey.



I hope that my words spur you on, encourage you on a so-so day, and point you to the Lord.


Sunday, October 5, 2008

Saturdays

Molly as goalie. Yikes! (10am)

Natalie (the tall one) playing defense. (12:30pm)

Brandon following his ball. (9am)

I guess I am a soccer mom, though I am not sure that I like the connotation that has come with that term. For a while in the fall our Saturdays are busy and some of our weeknights. It is a lot of fun to watch, especially the kindergardeners.

Each time one of our children plays sports I learn lessons right along with them, though not always the same lesson. I think there are some very good things that children learn from playing on a team and sometimes some difficult lessons too (though difficult isn't always a bad thing). I am thankful for opportunities to guide our children through their season and to have fun along with them.


3 comments:

Sara said...

I am too a "soccer mom", although only x1 right now. It is fun to watch our kids determination.

Angel said...

hey there- dont think I will be heading back to EN for awhile. Just to wild with a new one at home. :0) Angel

David and Marianne said...

How special that so many of your kids share the same activities... I hope my kids will fall in love with the same things too, selfishly(might make "saturdays" easier if we are all doing the same thing : )